Plaque, Marker and Tree,
In September 1997, the Executive board of the 63rd
Infantry Division Association approved a plan to design,
purchase and dedicate a memorial to the over 1000 men
memorial would be located in Arlington National
Cemetery, Arlington, VA.
On 19 November 1997 at a site selected by the
Cemetery Superintendent the stone marker, bronze
plaque and a Pin Oak tree were dedicated. The
ceremony was attended by over 60 veterans and
members of their families.
The Military District of Washington and the 3rd Infantry
(The Old Guard) provided the color guard, wreath
bearer and Chaplain for the ceremony, while the US
Army Band provided the bugler.
The ceremony was conducted by Fred Clinton(D/254)
who was assisted by division veterans who made
personal remarks during ceremony, unveiled the marker
and placed a wreath in memory of the division men who
lost their lives in combat.
Photos of the ceremony are contained on the Photo
Page. Click the title below.
Go to Ceremony Photos
Visit this memorial
near the intersection
of Grant and
|63rd Infantry Division Memorial Plaque prior to mounting
on the stone marker.
16 Oct 13